Static IP Feature
$10.00 / month
*A static IP address, or fixed IP address, is an IP address that never changes. Not everyone needs a static IP address, but knowing how they differ from dynamic IP addresses can help you understand whether you should use a static IP address.
Here are some example situations for when you might need a static IP address:
- Setting up a home file server
- Adding a second router to a network
- Enabling access to a computer when away from home/work
- Forwarding ports to certain devices
- Sharing a printer over a network
- Connecting to an IP camera when away from home
For most users who use their internet connection for web browsing, streaming, etc. A Static IP address is not necessary.